NDF Family

NDF Family

Music We Like...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Graduation Day....Yeah!!

So it finally happened. After multiple major changes, doubts, frustration, and over 8 years time, Nate graduated from the University of Utah yesterday (A lot of people go to school for 8 years--they're called doctors). It was a long road, a big hill for me, but a great sense of accomplishment and achievement.
My wife and kids haven't seen me much over the last few semesters. Work is a full time committment, and I took at least 9 credit hours the last 6 semesters. I have been in school for the last 10 semesters, taking anywhere from 6-15 credit hours. As well as 3-6 credit hours the previous couple of years on a hit and miss schedule This path does not come highly recommended. There is no regret about the path I chose, however, I would take a different path if in the same scenario again.
My plan now is for some extra sleep, more time with my wife and kids, maybe I will actually do something with my church calling, and I promise my yard will look better.
My amazing wife has been supportive from the beginning. Without her encouragement, I would still be making deliveries for $12 an hour. She is the best thing to ever happen to me.

5 comments:

TJ Eich said...

That's AWESOME!!! Congratulations! Especially to Dana! :D

Kim said...

Nate - congrats again! Good job on the blog! Don't feel bad about it taking you 8 years to graduate, it took Kerry 6 and we didn't even have any kids! What an accomplishment! :)
By the way - Kerry is finally getting his 4 wheeler back today from the shop and my dad said he could borrow his whenever he wants. So, hit Kerry up for a 4 wheeling/shooting day anytime!

This Place is a Disaster! said...

HOORAY! I had no idea you were still shooling it. Good job! I would too - if I were me in another time! I can't complain about the path I've chosen.

Jared and Jennie Faurschou said...

Nate, we are so proud of you. The journey has been long and hard but the destination is well worth it.

Becky and Bryce said...

Hey you two!!! So happy to see your blog! CONGRATULATIONS NATE, my mom told me you'd graduated that's great. I'm so happy for you. Okay so now that your out of school, you totally have time for a get together!!!!